Super Bowl Sunday is almost here!
Of course you’ve got to have your snacks while you watch the big game, but unfortunately, most traditional Super Bowl snacks are less than good for you.
Here are some healthy sweet and savory options you can try out that are sure to be crowd pleasers! All of these snacks are made with either our delicious CRAFTED Spices or vegan rePLACE protein powder. Enjoy!
6 Healthy Super Bowl Snack Recipes
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1-2 tbsp of your choice of CRAFTED spice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and fit the baking sheets with wire racks.
- If your chicken wings are whole, cut the tips off, and separate the drumettes and the flats.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the melted butter and your choice of CRAFTED seasoning.
- Arrange the coated chicken wings in a single layer on the wire racks, not touching each other. Bake until the skin is browned and crispy, about 40 minutes.
Turkey Spinach Meatballs
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey or Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Bag Frozen Spinach
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Tbsp Peppered Italian CRAFTED
- 1/2 Cup Minced Onion
- Thaw spinach, wrap in a paper towel and squeeze out the water from the spinach. Combine turkey, spinach, breadcrumbs, parmesan, onion, egg, and Peppered Italian CRAFTED in a large bowl. Roll into 15-20 balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and bake meatballs for 15-20 minutes until cooked through
- 1 1/2 lbs Medium Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined
- 3 Limes, Thinly Sliced and Halved
- 1 Orange, Thinly Sliced and Halved
- 3 Tbsp Melted Butter, Avocado or Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp Orange Lime Tequila CRAFTED
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Thread shrimp and lime/orange halves onto skewers. Place skewers onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through (about 5-7 minutes).
- Combine melted butter/oil with Orange-Lime Tequila CRAFTED, minced garlic, and juice from one lime. Brush mixture onto skewers and serve warm.
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Popcorn Kernels
- 2-3 Tsp of Your Favorite CRAFTED Seasoning
- Recommended for this recipe: Southern BBQ Whiskey, Butter Chive, or Cheddar Bacon CRAFTED seasoning
- If you do not have an air pop popcorn machine or an air pop microwave popcorn bowl – Preheat a two-quart non-stick pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Open the lid, and add a few drops of water to the pot. If they immediately sizzle, reduce the heat to slightly above low. Add the popcorn kernels, and immediately replace the lid.
- Gently shake the pot every 3-5 seconds. (The popcorn kernels should start popping within 1-2 minutes.) Continue to gently shake the pot every 2 seconds until at least 3 seconds elapse in between kernel pops. Immediately remove the pot from the heat, pour the popcorn into a large bowl, and sprinkle with your choice of CRAFTED seasoning.
*Tip: If you are having trouble getting your seasoning to stick to the popcorn try spritzing it with light cooking spray, lemon juice, water, or liquid aminos.
Chocolate Brownie Bites with rePLACE™
- 1 pouch chocolate replace
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Dash of almond milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients first, getting rid of any clumps.
- Add the peanut butter and honey and dash of almond milk If needed. Should be a sticky and doughy consistency. Makes about 12 bites.
Nut Butter Filled Brownie Bites with rePLACE™
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 pouch of Brownie rePLACE
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/3 c cacao powder
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 c olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Mix dry ingredients until fine and no lumps. Mash the banana and add oil and honey. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until you get a thick, sticky mixture. Grease a mini muffin tin and fill with the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 min. It’s ok if the middles sink, that’s where the nut butter goes!
- Let the brownie bites cool for a bit and gently remove from the pan. Add a dollop of your favorite nut butter.
- You can store them in the fridge to set the nut butter if you want, or enjoy them while it’s ooey and gooey!